Friday, June 03, 2011

Oxford celebrities

Remember when I posted about that chef that I knew (had seen before) and he was on Top Chef Masters? No? Here it is. Well, anyway, I was reading Best of Oxford in the Oxford Eagle and although old John may have lost out early with Bravo, he ate up the entire town of Oxford and all the awards. His restaurants really are amazing and although winning "best of" in the Oxford Eagle may not be as prestigious as winning Top Chef, he's still all the rage in Oxford, and really...that's the most important place on earth anyway. I loved browsing through all of the names of places and people and reminiscing about my former home. As I continued looking (stalking) around the Best of's, I was thrilled to see my friend Ashley Hewett's (pictured far right with myself and the lovely Whitney at my bachelorette party/double decker weekend last year on the beautiful square in Oxford, MS) charity event, Paws for Art, named the best charitable event in Oxford! How exciting! I immediately text Ashley and she had not even seen yet! Ashley and her fiance Kevin were in town for a wedding just a few weeks ago and we had such a great time catching up with them and hearing all about her new job at the Humane society and BAM, she's already won an award. Congrats! While I recognized a lot of people and places (including my sorority sister who won most eligible bachelorette) in some ways I was a tad bit sad because there were new places I did not know and I realized things always keep moving and even my little Heaven of Oxford will grow up and change with out me. Hotty Toddy!


For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

No comments: