Today I played housewife. While I am married, I have two jobs and usually am busy during the grind but today... was differen
t. Luckily for me both of my jobs take the summer off. Obviously, teachers have the summer off (unpaid!) and Episcopalians realize people won't go to church regularly in the summer, so we throw in the towel for church choir until September(...winning!) The planets aligned, God smiled down on me and the cellulite free tennis playing stay at home moms ALMOST invited me to their secret club because today I played...a working out, lunch going, shopaholic...housewife. Although I don't think I could do this all the time but I must admit today was HEAVEN. Like a responsible housewife, I got up
EARLY (I know, today I really played the part, no sleeping until 9, watching the View after thousands of cups of coffee) and went running with a friend who doesn't work Mondays. My friend Kate and I are determined to run the half marathon in October so we have been running together quite a lot lately. In order to not get bored we run different parks and today was quite the experience. We ran in a...horse farm (Harlinsdale Farm). Yes, a real deal horse farm that lacked paved roads. For the first five minutes, it was picturesque, lovely, hot, full of bugs.. oh wait, it's not lovely...it's outside... Obviously if you've met me for more than five minutes you know that I am hardly the outdoors woman...ummm we were running in t
he grass, around horses, and dogs, and lots of bugs....totally not my forte. Okay, I think, I can handle this. I can run, the grass, with horse poop, etc. So yes, not very housewife savvy, but we made it, running in the unforgiving southern heat, in a damn horse farm. I dropped my friend o
ff after our eventful run, I went by church (also...very housewife, charity? hello!) After showering and going shopping a bit (hello housewife again?!?!) I went to lunch with dear friends Jenna, Christina, and Kate. We met at the legendary Merridees in Franklin and enjoyed a girls lunch with precious baby Clayton. We had a wonderful ladies lunch filled with wonderful conversation, chicken salad, and lots of oohhs and ahhs over baby Clayton. After lunch I went shopping (again) and later met my friends for a second workout! We did this insane body sculpting workout complete with all kinds of weights, 200+ squats, and lots of cringing faces that I'm sure gave me even more premature wrinkles, however as my new found role as a housewife for a day I will for sure be getting loads of botox and other poisons in my face so it doesn't matter. So anyway, after wanting to kill myself/loving the newly found muscles in my super sore arms I left feeling like I had accomplished something. Although intellectually, my brain was at 1% capacity, I must admit, today was so wonderful and relaxing... like that feeling after 2 glasses of wine but without the calories. So no, this won't be my everyday, but today...it was pretty perfect.
For Natalie's News, this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
1 comment:
i could get used to that!
Post a Comment