For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
Friday, June 17, 2011
Pikes Peak
When P was little they went to Pikes Peak for a Pratt family vacation. They took the train up the 19 miles and little P got sick from the altitude
and puked all over his poor little sister. Hearing this story I laughed and laughed and imagined little P puking all over his sister and what can you do on a train with puke? ugh. Fast forward 20 years and I am on a fun filled weekend in the back of an SUV really excited to go to Pikes Peak. At around mile 3, a relentless nausea takes over and my goal of having a lot of fun drastically switches to not puking on my friends. 16 painstaking miles later, we arrive at the top of Pikes Peak and I sprint to the bathroom and meet my doom. I quickly lose all satisfaction from the morning's chocolate croissant and begin praying to my maker that I will not have to meet him on the top of this mountain with puke in my mouth and unwashed hair. Luckily he/she (?) heard my cry and I rallied like the BEST of them. Went all around Pikes Peak, took crazy pictures, became the fun Natalie again. Luckily, my friends never miss an opportunity for a good time and took the opportunity of a sick wanna be photographer (picture nazi?) and got some fun expected shots! (see below!) After our eventful experience at the top of the rock I sent a text to my family and Uncle Ray's response summed it up a little too perfectly... "we're just not made to rough it in the outdoors, I raised you too fancy". Priceless.








Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so proud of you! Rally...chocolate... puke.. chocolate... Chocolate..... and realizing your limits of roughing it!
Uncle Ray
Many, many years ago, your mom, dad and me and my spouse took a road trip to the World's Fair in Knoxville. We drove Pappaw's mammothe-sized, leisure van, where your mom and I relieved our parched throats with medicinal beverages and herbs while your dad and Tom navigated our route. The fair was a mass of 100,000+ and sort of a bust, so we ventured onward. We decided we wanted to go to the top of "Pike's Peak" aka Clingman's Dome in Gatlinburg (we won't discuss what influenced us to get the name wrong!) Ahhh, fond memories of youth!
Post a Comment