My family has always had an unhealthy love affair with the lunch lady. Ben by far is the biggest lover of the lunch lady. When he was in high school he would bring the ham and biscuits around Christmas, knew all of their names and was always quite the gentlemen. He return he often enjoyed second (or third) helpings of all his favorite lunch line delicacies. In college this trend continues. He still partakes on many a free meal because of his lunch lady etiquette.
I've worked at a school with a cafeteria now for the last 4 years and have eaten in the cafeteria less than 10 times. I always bring my lunch. This week, I was not with it and didn't have food and had to eat in the cafeteria. I always dread this and will even attempt to dash out on my 20 minute lunch break for some pre made sushi and Kroger, but yesterday I talked to some students about college during my lunch so I was only left with a measly 15 minutes. Lunch line it was.
And that's when it happened. The lunch lady love affair began was continued once again in our proud family legacy.
With out batting an eye and being as serious as possible she looks at me and says...
"New student?" lunch lady (the nicest/ most wonderful, kindest, person ever in the USA)
"No, I'm a teacher". Me
"Oh, I thought you were a kid" Lunch Lady
Lunch lady and I never exchanged names but she will always receive some sort of end of the year present and extra choir tshirts from now on.
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
4 comments:
i love this!
hoagies and grinders....hoagies and grinders...navy beans...navy beans...navy beans...
Sloppy Joes, sloppy, sloppy Joes:)
I don't know whether to be proud or embarrassed that the lunch lady love has been publicly exposed in our family!!!! haha
OMG! Love it! You're 16 forever! Maybe you need to get her some glasses for Christmas! :P
Post a Comment