This weekend I hosted a baby shower with my Mom, Mrs. Alicia and Kell
y for our dear Princess Alyson. It does not seem real that Alyson is having a baby because I remember going to Universal Studios with Alyson when she as in fifth grade and she still wore a hair bow and wanted to hold hands (not cool for an 8th grader). Now she is all grown up, married and expecting a baby girl on May 19th. We had a huge shower for friends and family. Everything went very well and I think everyone had a lot of fun! I have to say the preparation kind of took over my life and I got more in touch with my domestic side than I would ever like to know. For all of my loyal readers please know that she has been stowed away...far, far away and will not return for sometime. She is tired. Sore. It's like when you never work out and then you go and try to run 12 miles. The next day your body is in shock. What have you done to me? How and why does this hurt? But this time it's not my quads who are screaming... it's my domestic inner goddess (egh let's go with dutchess). She is rarely used and all the sudden I expected her to run a marathon. She is not happy. I'm sorry domestic Natalie, you have earned a vacation and lean cuisines will once again consume
our lives. Okay enough with the Sybil personalities and back to the shower. Friday night we started the marathon by working all night on the arrangements, decorations, and food (Alicia pictured right creating the beautiful flower masterpieces). P said the boa made our house look rather burlesque but I thought our late night preparations were rather adorable. Alyson looks amazing and continues to do boot camp while expecting. Amazing. Probably one of the sweetest parts of the entire day was my Dad and Mr. Ron parking and moving cars so that all 35 guests could be in our house! They worked the entire shower and moved cars in the nasty rain! As always, I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful family; I guess it really does take a village. Below are pictures of my house engulfed in pink. Right out of Southern Living, right?
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
No comments:
Post a Comment