Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Break 2011

The fact that I'm 28 and still have a Spring Break is amazing and kind of pathetic all at the same time. One of the many perks that accompany my fat paycheck is the nice breaks built into our insane schedule. I'm not sure who or how things are planned but it always seems like we work like mad people and I'm seconds away from a nervous breakdown and a modest stint in Parthenon Pavilion and then magically a planned break (or glorious snow day) will occur and sanity is briefly restored. I actually take a lot of grief for being a teacher and getting breaks. Even close friends will casually drop huge insults like, "yeah but you're so lucky that you get so many breaks", which actually is true but it's the word "lucky" that gets so under my skin. I always work way over 40 hours a week and do so many other random extra things that are not even close to my job description, receive threats of physical violence, yelled at regularly, not to mention I get paid less than $2.00 a day per child I teach so forgive me if I don't think I'm so "lucky" with my comfy, glamorous gig. I do realize what people are saying though, I am lucky to be employed and these breaks are glorious so I need to get over myself, really this post was not supposed to be such a rant, sorry. Not very relaxing, spring break worthy. Lame. So anyway, what am I doing with my lucky week off? We actually worked yesterday to make up for a snow day. Today I'm going to work out, do some stuff around the house, and go to lunch. Wednesday I am living it up like a fancy lady. My wonderful and generous Uncle Ray gave me a gift certificate for a spa for my birthday and I'm going to get a facial! I think I'm going to do it up real "lady who lunches style" and go to a yoga class before and attempt to brunch after. Although I'm not "going" anywhere like years past, I could not be more excited about my stay cation...


On another note... hi, I'm Natalie and I'm old.

For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

4 comments:

michelle said...

Don't forget you are also going to the fabulous 'burg with your wonderful mom to have lunch with Aunt Pansy! That is certainly blog-worthy! :) love you sweet girl!

Kelly said...

OMG I wish I was there getting manies and pedies with you!!! Tell Mama Bottoms I said hello and of course say hello to P for me!

Ashley said...

Well put Natalie! I feel the same way!!!

Natalie Corinne said...

Kelly! Momma Bottoms would always love to see you!!!