Wednesday, March 09, 2011

sneaky devil

So fresh from my Fat Tuesday Lent pledge I bebopped into work with a healthy breakfast and lunch and then the devil arrived to abduct my loins. ( that makes no sense but sounds very preachy) Today I arrive at work and what do I see? The sweet Beta kids decide for the first time ever to surprise the faculty and staff with appreciation week. (Seriously, look at that sign, I don't think I ever created a "thank you for your hard work sign" sorry B'wood teachers... rest assured students constantly challenge every word or rather breath that escapes my exhausted body so you are winning the karma game) These wonderful smarties cleaned the teacher's lounge and brought...donuts. Seriously? First of all the people who are actually paid to clean rarely clean the teacher's lounge but these kids brought a for real mop, windex, etc and cleaned the entire work lounge... including the terrifying microwaves. A mere 5 hours earlier I decided to not eat free treats and BAM! donut goodness was staring me in the face like a Bachelor party in Vegas. So what did I do? Resisted everything but wrote thank you notes so I didn't seem snooty or ungrateful. In fact flattery will get you everywhere.

For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That's the way it always happens... you try to give something up and all of a sudden it does a hula dance right in front of you. And then it goes a step further to qualify for the "When it rains, it pours" status. I feel your pain.

However, I'm so glad you resisted!!! :-)