that people who joined facebook in the beginning when you had to have a .edu email and were pre tagged pictures, wall with the picture by it, news feed, etc etc etc have some kind of code but now that everyone and their mother (and yes, I really mean mother) has it there needs to me some kind of mantra or common code that we all agree to and follow.1. Stop getting offended by political statements. First of all, not so sure we should be airing our dirty political laundry out on facebook but even if you do, don't get offended by others. Even worst, comment and start fighting over politics over facebook. Solution? Obviously, just passively aggressive judge them and like them l
ess and less every time you sign in. There are people I haven't seen in years and we are facebook friends and I literally despise them but only online, you know healthily.
ess and less every time you sign in. There are people I haven't seen in years and we are facebook friends and I literally despise them but only online, you know healthily. 2. If you have a kid, naked pics are not appropriate. Who knows where facebook will take us. I think ol' Zach will end up picking our next president, file our taxes and and pick our mates. I'm willing to bet facebook will be around for quite a while and when your kid attempts to apply for that ivy league wh
at's going to show up? Baby's first bath. Academia doesn't like cute.
at's going to show up? Baby's first bath. Academia doesn't like cute. 3. Speaking of kids...please don't post pics right out of the womb. Soooo national geographic and not for the facebook world... and really not for my world. If you're not going to follow my mantra at least give a strong warning, and realize people will talk about you. This is fact.
4. Think before you post. Yes, we all have bad days, fight with the people we love, can't fit into our skinny jeans, times where we hate our boss, days where we might or might n
ot have showered, etc. but....does the entire world need to know?
ot have showered, etc. but....does the entire world need to know?5. Commenting. Comments are nice but how many are too many? Not really sure a number or ratio or anything but...all I know is too many is not good. Sensor yourself. I know people who have secret nicknames because of the amount of commenting he/she commits. 19 comments about a pet is
probably too many.
probably too many.6. The detag. Yes, we can all detag but those pictures do not disappear. While I realize we cannot control what other's post, we can control what we post. Let's be kind. Don't post unflattering pictures of your friends, even if it's a great picture of you. But what if it's really good? Like super skinny, really good? Obvi, crop out your friend and make the skinny pic your profile. Problem solved, next world hunger?
7. Learn your privacy settings! Create a limited profile. If you're reading this, you are not on a privacy setting but I will admit some people I know are...(not you!) Although
nobody really ever needs to know about this, it can kind of save you from some awful awkward circumstances. Does your great aunt really need to know what I did 6 years ago during Spring Break? No. Limited Profile? Yes, please.
8. Your celebrity "friends" are not really your friends. The fan pages are cool but please stop going around acting like you're really friends with Bethenny Frankel or Andy Cohen. This rule is for me and I probably won't follow it.
nobody really ever needs to know about this, it can kind of save you from some awful awkward circumstances. Does your great aunt really need to know what I did 6 years ago during Spring Break? No. Limited Profile? Yes, please.8. Your celebrity "friends" are not really your friends. The fan pages are cool but please stop going around acting like you're really friends with Bethenny Frankel or Andy Cohen. This rule is for me and I probably won't follow it.
9. Think before you recycle...your clothes. Back in the day you could go out with a different group of friends and recycle a banging outfit and nobody would be the wiser...but now? Everyone with a phone can tag your outfit and bam! you're out an ensemble.
10. Don't let the facebook get you down! Countless people have told me they feel badly when they look at other peoples' success on facebook accounts that include beautiful houses, amazing vacations, wonderful jobs that leave little minions upset about our average life...but think about when you post...usually when your things are going well. Things never change. We are always trying to be the most popular kid and facebook is no exception. You can't change it so just go with it. Post a skinny pic and move on.
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
1 comment:
Yes it's so true - people try to be the popular kid with facebook. What is wrong with us?
Post a Comment