Being so cultured I recently attended "In the Heights" with my lovely friends John and Ryan. I have known John and Ryan for many years but recently become better friends with them a la Kelly. As strange as it is since I've moved back to Nashville the amount of shows should have increased but quite the opposite. When I was in a small college town surrounded by people who loved dorky music things as much as I did, I frequented shows constantly. Took them for granted. Went to great, awful, professional, amateur, awkward, beautiful, tragic... shows. I used to almost cringe when I had to go to shows, now I yearn for those quiet minutes of prepared glory. P would rather eat dirt than go to a musical with me...especially a musical with multiple ballads, dance numbers, and...Spanish (which someone might or might not have failed...) so I hate making us go, spend $100.00 on something I know he will hate. So thank God I have new friends who enjoy seeing people sing and dance at the same time. So yes, I went and saw "In the Heights" with John and Ryan and had a wonderful time. P said hands down this was his famous musical ever. After work we met at 3 Crow Bar in Green Hills. I arrived before my friends to a sea of...men... strait men, watching sports. Not that I was looking, but if someone was single in Nashville and looking for a fun happy hour, perhaps they should frequent 3 Crow Bar for the happening happy hour scene. Anyway, we met had half price drinks and appetizers and left for our swanky orchestra seats. Oh, did I forget to mention? Ryan works at Vanderbilt and got amazing, center, exclusive tickets. Whatever, we're kind of a big deal. So yeah, anyway, we saw the show. I really enjoyed the urban, hip, new plot line and music. I thought the show had perhaps a few too many ballads but overall, it was enjoyable and I was glad I went. The company was amazing and it provided an opportunity for me to act piously at other friends for my constant support of the performing arts. I also listen to NPR. I'm super cool...or an eternal nerd trying to fool you. Is it working?
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

2 comments:
(This is Kacy) This is my favorite musical ever
This makes me SOOOOO happy!!! Unbelievably happy!
Post a Comment