Yes, I'm talking about Lent, not that shady movie circa 2002 staring a very baby faced Josh Harnett. For some reason I've always attempted to give up something for Lent. Although some
years are better than others, I always try knowing that must count for something. I do better when I give up an actual something...usually a food item. A few times I have given up chocolate and that has gone well but years I attempt to be creative and give up cussing or take up working out everyday doesn't always (ever) go so well. This year I've decided to attempt something easy to achieve. My first thought was coffee or diet coke but then I realized I am so weak and I will fail. Please spare me your Evangelical enthusiasm "oh you can do it for the Lord" speeches. Caffeine is the very important step that prevents me from growing horns and eating my students, so deal. I'm giving up eating snacks, treats, baked goodies, etc that people bring to work. Folks try to fatten us up constantly by bringing temptations and I'm giving them up to the Lord. Bye bye random scones, cakes, cupcakes, cookies, muffins, nutella, etc. I'll hopefully be saying goodbye to some lbs too...we shall see.For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
4 comments:
I know you can do it!
you go girl. see my post about giving up 'convenient foods' and the history of the filet-o-fish.
Well good thing I made that cake this past weekend!!! P.S. Just made another so I won't be giving up chocolate/sweets at all... hahahaha. I'm going with soda. No more. :-) Hopefully, I'll be able to manage a permanent deal!
omg we can ALL do it :)
Post a Comment