) began with me going in to a locker room Woodland Warriors style and getting changed into a robe and comfy shoes. I had a brief moment of hesitation when I thought of having to put my feet into used shoes but these were rubber so they wash them...right? Anyway, I walked out of the bathroom and everyone attempts to force feed you organic gingerbread, hot tea, and flavored water. I just had water because I decided if I was pretending to have my rich housewife day I would of course not eat. Duh. Then you sit in these relaxation rooms with a fake sky and it reminded me so much of the Cumberland Science Museum's planet show back in the day. Finally I was lead into the facial room and got the most incredible pampering ever. She used steam, hot stones, scrubber machine things, etc. It was so wonderful. I was so lost in my character that when asked, "do you have any more treatments today?" I almost answered in character "Oh, yes, let's just do what you think I should have and bring me a mimosa" but luckily I snapped out of it. Just in time too because then she gave me a $400.00 list of product I just had to purchase right then or my face would fall off. My favorite part of this is how she wrote it on paper that looks just like a prescription pad and then gave me a follow up appointment. That is a doctor I could get on board with seeing all the time :)Then my fantasy totally ended and I guess you could argue hell froze over and I went to Home Depot. Or maybe I just went to hell. Who knows, but yes I went to home depot and looked at...dirt. Why are there 2,000 kinds? I
can understand all different kinds of lipstick, candles, curtains, furniture the list goes on and on but dirt? I walked aimlessly for 30 minutes reading all the different types of promises this amazing dirt would do for my yard. So I ask the two guys working in the garden center for help and realize my right foot knew more about gardening than the both of them combined. Finally I had to pull out the big guns and call my friend Jenna who helped this girl out. I got some Miracle Grow for the front yard and will have to mulch later. Anyway, almost 6 hours later (yes 6 hours working outside... isn't there some kind of award or tax credit I should receive?) I cleared 7 huge bags of pine needles and leaves. The streeRIP flower flower box pictured above. You can see where it used to sit right underneath the window and now looks earily like a coffin just chilling in the front yard. The neighbors love us.
Anyway I think it can be fixed so 2 out of 3 is not so bad right? I for sure won't be quitting my day job to garden anytime soon or ever in a million years but I did have a pleasant time just being outside which I've never ever thought or said in my life. Perhaps after some more of this "sunshine" people speak so fondly of I will begin growing all of our food and we will become a hippie commune kind of house. Seriously if this ever happens I'm charging you all responsible of coming over and hitting be over the head with a board. Promise?
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
2 comments:
Girl you need some high class dirt - you a rich lady now!
Glad you enjoyed your spa day! You know you guys could just go live on the Farm at summertown and eat off the land!
Post a Comment