ary on reality tv) and take pictures of every single inhale and exhale of their day. Oh, and it's their job. How does this happen? The cash cow blogs usually have to do with gossip, some commentary on a cultural phenomena or food ie. Pioneer Woman or Sprink Bakes and my new favorite Smitten Kitchen (she has like a million posts and all kinds of popularity so I am really behind the times on this one..I blame Bravo). Apparently these people cook all. day. long. and take pictures, upload them, write about them and then start the entire process over again. I love looking at them imagining myself making the complex recipes and then having a crowd of people (they are always blurry in my daydream) scream
with delight over my gourmet meal..."start your own food blog" the fans demand and at first I am so overwhelmed with the attention but then realize I need to give the people what they want...then reality hits and I realize after an hour of making a cake I lust over the Publix bakery and how much money I would save if I would order everything from there... So the million dollar question is...does anyone out there actually make all these recipes? Or are these posts just an escape for lame cooks like me to drool over fondant, boiling fruits and making your own puree for cakes, and roasting huge amounts of meat. "YOU CAN DO IT" says these blogs "look I did it while taking artsy pictures and placing them on my shabby chic platters and writing witty commentary!" THEN you can buy my boo
ks, t-shirts, mugs, kitchen appliances, spice rubs, cute aprons (that never can be worn because you really can't wash them), my DNA, etc and then of course a very nice camera and photography lessons so you too can take artsy pictures of your food! Yes! I'm seriously not hating on these blogs, in fact quite the opposite, I am so impressed with their success, dedication, talent, etc. But the question still lingers...is anyone out there actually using all this blogesphere advice? Do you now grow their own pumpkins, clean them and make rustic treats out of them? Do you make your own clothes out of 80's dresses? Maybe you do and to you, kudos. We here at Natalie's News read them, day dream, and then pour another cup of coffee and recheck facebook, you know the usual. Perhaps I will start a cash cow blog of my own on how to brew really generic coffee with different flavor creamers. GROUND BREAKING.I hope everyone else gets out there and puts that blog advice to good use! For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
No comments:
Post a Comment