Thursday, January 13, 2011

Single in suburbia

So no, I am not single in suburbia. Let's make that clear right away, however... I stumbled upon a new and exciting place for suburbia singles everywhere to see and be seen. Where you might ask is this new single Mecca?


The Singles bar?



Speed Dating?

Internet Cafe?

NO!!! All wrong... I present to you America's own single-loving, sexy, sensuous...

The Post office... (bambachickabowwow...)

Not even playing. Since I've still been out of school due to snow so I've done a lot of random errands to keep myself busy. Don't get me wrong I've loved the time off but I've wanted to get out and do stuff so I've attempted to be a little productive by getting those annoying tasks done that I never want to do after being around screaming, insane, ballistic students aka future leaders of America. So the last two days I've needed to go to the post office... and Beyonce said it best.. the Bwood post office be jumpin jumpin'. Now, before you go get your Saturday night best, let me explain. It's jumpin' to a certain age demographic. Think medicare. Retirees stroll into the post office like it's singles' night on 2nd avenue. Forget stale coffee at McDonald's the Brentwood senior citizen require a more refined taste of forever stamps and senior discounted post office boxes. The first day I walked into roaring laughter and a massive line of flirtatious seniors. The women are playing bashful, the men are making corny jokes... I look at the post office workers for some explanation but then I noticed the workers were also seniors and totally enjoying this social hour. I thought maybe this was a weird fluke..but NO. I went again today around the same day and happy hour (sans alcohol) was bumpin at the Post office. Today I wasn't in such shock so I totally spied and today was literally the only day I envied those who have the Iphone 4 because with my ancient Iphone 3g I was unable to video this glory. I saw a man of maturity totally chat up a lady friend and totally let go of the excess nonsense and asked her out for coffee right then and there. It went like this...

Man: "What are you doing after this? Would you like to go and get coffee?"

My mouth almost fell open...no games? No purpose phone tag to look too busy. Perhaps in older age you just cut to the chase? I don't know but this man had a backbone and a purpose and the lady completely obliged.

I wanted to ask the man and woman about their forwardness and this post office phenomena but I hesitated. Too bad, they could make a fortune selling their secrets...maybe selling them on Natalie's News? Perhaps I just found my millions?!?! TO THE POST OFFICE.

For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.

No comments: