Thursday, January 06, 2011

confess

I have something to confess. But not just any old ordinary confession..this one I'm not even sure my priest could cure. After completely scoffing and judging I too have been converted. Last night I literally caught myself thinking the impossible...."I wish I had a snuggie". I cannot tell you how often I have worried about the fate of the world because the task of changing the channel and staying warm was all too difficult for the average person...but last night shamefully I fell into this category. To my defense, we are still working out the whole heat situation with the house. We thought we were super cool because we got this updated house with a lot of green amenities but what I'm finding out about "green" products is that the reason they cost less is because they do not work! Well, maybe they work but we haven't figured them out yet. Anyway, unless I'm under a blanket it is freezing in the house. Last night I was working on the computer, watching tv and I wanted to grab for my phone when I suddenly realized...I will have to leave the optimum comfort of my blanket to reach for the phone and that's when I crossed over to the dark side...the desire, need, craving of the snuggie. Even worse is the awful timing of the entire realization. Christmas has passed so there will no more tacky sweater or dirty Santa parties to attend where inevitably someone brings a snuggie. If I actually wanted one, I would have to PURCHASE a snuggie which I am just not prepared to do. I guess I feel better now this is off my chest and I promise I will just buck up a do and make the "old fashioned" blanket work for me!
I hope everyone is having a very warm and snuggie-free Thursday. For Natalie's News this has been Natalie-Corinne.

No comments: