...Oh wait, that strange sounds is my alarm clock and I have go to work...on a MONDAY. (I have a job?!) During the entire Month of January I have enjoyed multiple (aka every) long weekends, very short weeks and joyous days of endless pots of coffee, leisurely mornings watching tv, working out, and genuinely loving life. Sadly snow escaped the greater Nashville area and I had to go to... work... on a Monday? I'm still in disbelief. Of course I would think this Monday back to reality would be somewhat normal... but then I
remembered I work in crazy land and of course nothing could be normal. After my morning tutoring, duty, morning announcements, etc I heard this strange sound...what is that? Is someone taking a shower? Wait, that doesn't make sense. The strange confusion that the alarm clock provided took over my body again, but I was awake... (4 buckets of coffee later... I should know what's going on...) I walk outside to see the problem...there just must be a reasonable explanation to all this. Nope, wrong again. A pipe under the sink in the 7th grade hallway burst and water was going everywhere. I panicked and began running around looking for a bucket (who I mean WHO has a bucket? Why I thought anyone would have a bucket in 2011 is beyond me, but I digress) and found nothing. Then I attempted to put different sizes of garbage
cans under the pipe but none would fit. The office had to call a plumber and we had to just wait in our classrooms until the leak (that dripped to the second floor and into classrooms) was fixed. Some 5 hours later my students (and I) were about to Rapunzel ourselves down the window when we were told to use the fire stairs to go to lunch. Hate to admit it... but I was so wishing that we would not be able to eat lunch thus forcing an early dismissal and adding one half day to our extended winter vacations, but no luck. Administration found creative ways for us to make it to lunch and we were able to finish the very productive day. I hope you are picking up on the sarcasm because I'm laying it on pretty thick. Even though it was crazy I kind of can appreciate random "hiccups" in the day because I guess it is something different...never a dull moment :) For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
3 comments:
I am laughing like crazy picturing you rinning around in your boots with heels looking for a bucket!
oh yeah I was wearing my biggest heals and new black pants trying to hold them up while running looking for a bucket. Since there are cameras in all the hallways I wonder if they were looking in the office and laughing... I know I would!
Ummmm it was obviously "Imagine you had to shop at Wal-Mart for the rest of your life." THE HORROR
Post a Comment