and enjoyed every single bite! To celebrate our new house, our realtor took us to dinner and it was so much fun. Besides the fact that we almost purchased a $270.00 appetizer and a $2,200 bottle of wine...(the waitress was amazing at tempting us with fabulous imagery of the melt in your mouth dishes or drinks and then would literally mutter the price under her breath, hilarious) everything was so fun and tasty! We really had a wonderful time with our new friends and felt like total high rollers. Sunday we went to Sperry's brunch and celebrated my Mom's birthday. We had so much fun sipping on mimosas and being with the best family ever! After brunch we came back to our house and I was nervous to hear the verdict of my first every apple cake. Although one little section did not come out as cleanly as I had hoped, the cake was pretty good and more importantly we had a lot of fun just being together. Here are some pictures of the birthday girl and the cake!Pretty Momma with her presents!
The goob laughing and hanging out in the Florida room.
hmmm not the prettiest thing I've ever made...if this cake was a senior at prom a Southern lady might say something like this "oh she is as cute as pie, bless her heart"... we all know what that means..
Although it wasn't so pretty it tasted good enough for 5 of us to eat half of it.
While I don't really see myself as becoming any kind of baker in this lifetime, nobody is sick (as far as I know) and somewhat edible so I can't really ask for anything else! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a fab start to their work week!
For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.
2 comments:
it's a bundt~!
Oh, Nat, your apple cake WAS pretty and tasted wonderful! I enjoyed every minute being with my family and LOVE my earrings from brother and beautiful bead for my bracelet from you and P. You are a great hostess:)
Post a Comment