Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! Natalie's News returns from the dark abyss lacking cable and Internet (insert scream). Wow, the first week of 2011 has been crazy and full of firsts and excitements.



In efforts to refrain from being too long winded I will create a little kid-esque picture book with short descriptions. So I know I said there were a lot of firsts but here is the only last...the LAST apartment. Although I was so happy to move I was a tad bit sad about leaving our first place back in Nashville, our first home after marriage, the place of many parties and exciting times...seems kind of sad...then I think of being stuck up on the huge hill during snow, and the gate.... the gate always being broken, our rent increasing to fix the constantly broken gate, people (actually several people, one time there was a 3 car pile up!) hitting the gate because it had been broken for 2 months creating a huge traffic jam...and them making it so difficult to buy out of our lease.. so, NO. Not really all that sad, at all. Any. None. First house pictured above. Yeah, I know it is obvious but it is still exciting. So exciting in fact that we are the crazies that had people over not once but two times right after moving in... and not for just any old night.. New Years Eve!!!
Above is the only New Years shot taken in our newly unpacked (kind of) New Years Party. Honestly it was a tame night with friends, fun and free cable! P being the ultimate handyman hooked up the tv and we were able to see the ball drop!
Our first Birthday Celebration! The Bognis came over and celebrated Sarah's' big day! We had our first birthday and first child in the house!
Seriously, could he get any cuter? The correct answer is no.

First (and ultimate) house guest.

First cat in a sink. Pappi accompanied Ms. Kelly so I guess the were co-first house guests.

First time meeting Reece!

First cook out. Did I mention we had people over twice?! The second night in our new house we had our first cook out for friends and family and honestly I could not have imagined it any other way!

This is so much work but fun work. I'm already so happy with the house and cannot wait to get more and more unpacked and settled. I hope everyone else had a fabulous New Year! For Natalie's News this has been, Natalie-Corinne.

2 comments:

Lindsay C said...

Cant' wait to see it next time i'm in town natalia!!!

RBert said...

did ms. kelly bring a toaster???